Friday, June 20, 2014

The Camping Trip and First Date

Last summer our singles ward held a camping trip up in Island Park. I decided I wanted to go and I knew Jaron was going to be the were too. Although we had been texting a lot we had not spoke a ton in person so I was very nervous (something I felt a lot in the beginning of our relationship because I didn't want to mess things up). We had a lot of fun and that night there was a mini ward talent show around the campfire.

Jaron had been asked to play his guitar and sing, I was very excited to hear what he could do. He sang some country songs and I love country and I felt like he was singing each love country song to me. It was during that time I believe I really started to fall in love with him. He completely drew me in and he still does every time he picks up that guitar. That night we went for a walk under the stars and had the best hug I have ever had.

The next day I road home with him and he held my hand for the very first time. We were trying to take things slow (you all can see how that worked out) so when he decided to hold my hand it really was like magic. I swear that sparks flew, as cheesy as that sounds. When we arrived back home, instead of going our separate ways, Jaron and I sat in his truck and talked for hours. In the middle of one of our conversations he leaned over and kissed me. I was completely shocked but it was absolutely amazing.

Some friends from the ward invited us on a double date that night up to Buffalo Wild Wings and then to go see a movie. We decided to go because after such an eventful day we didn't want to leave each other. The date was interesting to say the least... The other couple we went with we didn't know very well and they had quite the personalities. Although, it was not the ideal first date it was still a lot of fun.

After that day we spent every second we possibly could together. I would go over to his house after work nearly every day for about an hour just so we could talk and laugh. He would also come over to mine and we would watch lots of movies and just go for walks. We defiantly fell In love very quickly and only months after we became engaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment